Laser Service Engineer
Sentient Lasers, a pioneer in the pre-owned aesthetic equipment industry is offering a one-of-a-kind opportunity in healthcare and is looking for qualified applicants for the job of Laser Service Engineer.
The Laser Service Engineer provides service support through the performance of upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital medical equipment and systems. Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.
- Test, repair, calibration, retrofits, upgrades and preventative maintenance on medical laser and other complex electro-mechanical devices.
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, debugging in support of depot level repair, and repair of circuits to the component level.
- Provide technical phone support to customers and sales staff.
- Ensures that parts are available or sourced for service requirements.
- Detailed record keeping for repairs and test data.
- Occasional travel to customer sites for repair or installation of equipment.
- Problem Solving
- Troubling Shooting
- Team Player
- Results Driven
- Ability to solve unique challenges in a efficient manner
- Decision Making
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires steady hours
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the- area and overnight travel will be expected.
Education and Experience
• Minimum education of Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 3 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with a major manufacturer based in aesthetic equipment. Specifically Alma, Candela, Cutera, Cynosure,
Lumenis, Palomar, and Syneron is a plus
- Manufacturing experience in electrical circuits, research & development, and reverse engineeringAdditional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrate strong abilities in electronics theory, reading of schematics and electro-mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
- Proficiency with standard test equipment such as DVM’s, oscilloscopes, energy meters, and software tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous,
fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We live in or around the mountain town of Park City, UT. We are here for a reason. Our love for outdoor play, family, and the environment is paramount. We believe in getting the job done so we can experience the mountains with our families and friends. This means we hold ourselves accountable to our duties at the business first which enables us to take time unexpectedly as the need arises, such as a powder day. We insist on being able to experience the mountains, family, and friends while maintaining our business responsibilities and expansion.
- $25 hourly
- Six month review
- Monthly bonus consideredOur Company
Sentient lasers disrupted the pre-owned aesthetic laser industry in 2008 by creating the first dedicated tech department for repairing and refurbishing lasers. At the time, the industry was populated by one-man operations, drop shipping lasers from one owner to the next without being able to truly verify condition or give any sort of real quality assurance. As we have further refined our capabilities, we created the Blue Dot Certification program – the highest standard of quality in the industry. As the rest of the
industry has come to understand that our ability to process lasers is unrivaled, competitive companies have begun to use Sentient to Blue Dot Certify their equipment before shipment to customers. There is no other company that matches our capabilities on the technical side, and no company has the business acumen or financial backing to become the dominant player in the pre-owned aesthetic laser industry. Sentient will be that dominant player, and our technical staff plays an invaluable part in that achievement.