ST. GEORGE — Businessman, Bill O’Rourke will present a business ethics seminar and luncheon Thursday, May 5 at noon at the Courtyard Marriott, 185 S. 1470 E., St. George.
During a 36-year career with Alcoa, O’Rourke served various roles within the organization including President of Alcoa-Russia. He also served as the Vice President of Environment, Health and Safety and Sustainability three times under three different CEOs. Bill retired from Alcoa in 2011.
Currently, Bill is an Ethics Fellow of the Wheatley Institution at Brigham Young University and serves on the John Carroll University Board of Directors in Cleveland. Bill published “The Power of Ethics” with co-author Pete Geissler and is currently finishing his next book along with the Wheatley Institution at Brigham Young University entitled “Business Ethics” which will be released this summer.
Please join us just for the Luncheon from noon-1 p.m. or for the entire seminar if you are able. CPE & CLE credit will be available and will be administered through BYU.
Luncheon Session | Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Bill will introduce the general subject of ethics and provide a quick overview of his upcoming book while sharing personal ethical dilemmas faced in business.
Seminar Session | 1-4 p.m.
- 1 p.m. | 13Fundamental Dilemmas in Organizational Life
- 1:45 p.m. Ethical Dilemma Examples – Bill shares examples from his own career of the 13 dilemmas, and engages the audience in a discussion of some of these short ethical dilemmas
- 2:45 p.m. | Group Discussion of specific ethical dilemmas from the 13, the impediments to ethical decision-making (e.g. common rationalization techniques, group influences, etc.), strategies for overcoming these impediments, being ethically proactive, and providing ethical leadership to your organization. This seminar will include handouts, cases, and video clips
- Date: May 5, 2016
- Time: Noon to 4 p.m.
- Place: Courtyard Marriott
- Address: 185 S. 1470 E., St. George
- Event Cost: $15 (luncheon only), $35 (luncheon and seminar)
- Deadline: May 5, 2016
- Contact: Nelson Hafen | Telephone: 435-632-7666 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org